Cleaning And Sanitizing Your Home
Everyday Steps and Extra Steps When Someone Is Sick
How to clean and disinfect
Wear disposable gloves to clean and disinfect.
· Clean surfaces using soap and water- Practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces.
High touch surfaces include
· Tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc.
· Clean the area or item with soap and water or another detergent if it is dirty. Then, use a household disinfectant.
· Recommend use of EPA-registered household disinfectant.
· Follow the instructions on the label to ensure the safe and effective use of the product.
For clothing, towels, linens and other items
· Launder items according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Use the warmest appropriate water setting and dry items completely.
· Wear disposable gloves when handling dirty laundry from a person who is sick.
· Dirty laundry from a person who is sick can be washed with other people’s items.
· Do not shake dirty laundry.
· Clean and disinfect clothes hampers according to the guidance above for surfaces.
· Remove gloves and wash hands right away.
For more information visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
For Electrostatic Sanitizing Services Residential or Commercial, call 501-791-2900