OSHA/Hazcom is defined as the Right-to-Know standard established to improve the safety of all workers who must handle hazardous materials in the course of their jobs. SDS is the acronym for Safety Data Sheets. These documents must be available to you as a DOW employee and to our Customers at all times.
In our line of work, we use chemicals every day, very safely in most cases. If used negligently though, it can be another story. To keep yourself and others safe, follow these simple basic rules when using all chemical products at DOW Building Services:
Read all labels and use products only as directed.
· Always protect your hands and eyes when pouring liquids or powders.
· When diluting products, mix only with water.
· Never mix two products together.
· Never use an unlabeled container.
· Never inhale the contents of a container to determine its contents
· Never ingest any products, no matter what.
· Never puncture or collapse an aerosol can.
· Always wash hands after using a chemical product.